This Is My Rifle, the inaugural single release off Jason James and Rodney Hazard‘s new project, was a cold shower of political reality after the steaming sh*tstorm that was the 2012 Presidential campaign. After force-feeding listeners the proverbial “red pill,” the Vancouver rhymesayer would be remiss if he didn’t face up to the comfortable illusions behind his own hustle. On Forgetting How to Dream, the second world premiere off his and his longtime collaborator’s next street album, he does just that, acknowledging that he was once enchanted by fantasies of cash, whips, and getting it in with Rihanna, but ultimately revealing rap superstardom for the Faustian bargain he believes it to be. Hazard provides a moody, atmospheric instrumental for his collaborator’s understated, yet intense bars. Feeling it? More intricate beats and insightful rhymes await on Pyramids in Stereo, set to hit our front page November 28, for streaming and download.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jason James and Rodney Hazard’s Caio D’Andrea-directed Forgetting How to Dream visual.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Vancouver-based rhymesayer Jason James and production partner Rodney Hazard have unleashed their latest collaborative opus, Pyramids in Stereo. The follow-to the DJBooth/RefinedHype-presented Marvelous World of Color, the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.