This Is My Rifle, the inaugural single release off Jason James and Rodney Hazard‘s new project, was a cold shower of political reality after the steaming sh*tstorm that was the 2012 Presidential campaign. After force-feeding listeners the proverbial “red pill,” the Vancouver rhymesayer would be remiss if he didn’t face up to the comfortable illusions behind his own hustle. On Forgetting How to Dream, the second world premiere off his and his longtime collaborator’s next street album, he does just that, acknowledging that he was once enchanted by fantasies of cash, whips, and getting it in with Rihanna, but ultimately revealing rap superstardom for the Faustian bargain he believes it to be. Hazard provides a moody, atmospheric instrumental for his collaborator’s understated, yet intense bars. Feeling it? More intricate beats and insightful rhymes await on Pyramids in Stereo, set to hit our front page November 28, for streaming and download.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jason James and Rodney Hazard’s Caio D’Andrea-directed Forgetting How to Dream visual.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.