How much do Web and I.D.E.A. believe in their new project Marvelous World of Color? So much that they’ve decided to forgo their musical aliases and promote the project via their government names: Jason James (Web) and Rodney Hazard (I.D.E.A.). That means that whether you love or hate their new track, If It Feels Right, the first leak off Marvelous making its world premiere right here, they’re willing to personally take all the praise (or criticism) Booth nation can dish out. It’s really not that risky of a proposition when you consider just how right Feels Right feels. With Hazard crafting a hypnotic, spacey and electronically dense beat, James follows suit and flows over the track with casually delivered but lyrically self-destructive lines: “Borderline alcoholic I blend / all of my sins in with the tonic and gin.” I’m more of a whiskey man myself, but I can still raise a glass to creative hip-hop like this. The Marvelous World of Color will be revealed for all to see…I mean hear…when it drops on DJBooth August 11.
Listen to More: Jason James
Written by Nathan S. on 07/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.