How much do Web and I.D.E.A. believe in their new project Marvelous World of Color? So much that they’ve decided to forgo their musical aliases and promote the project via their government names: Jason James (Web) and Rodney Hazard (I.D.E.A.). That means that whether you love or hate their new track, If It Feels Right, the first leak off Marvelous making its world premiere right here, they’re willing to personally take all the praise (or criticism) Booth nation can dish out. It’s really not that risky of a proposition when you consider just how right Feels Right feels. With Hazard crafting a hypnotic, spacey and electronically dense beat, James follows suit and flows over the track with casually delivered but lyrically self-destructive lines: “Borderline alcoholic I blend / all of my sins in with the tonic and gin.” I’m more of a whiskey man myself, but I can still raise a glass to creative hip-hop like this. The Marvelous World of Color will be revealed for all to see…I mean hear…when it drops on DJBooth August 11.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.