After It Feels Right, the alcohol soaked track from Jason James (a.k.a. Web) that was met with rave reviews from the Booth community, the best emcee to ever come out of Vancouver is back with another offering, the haunting Fame Us. Making its world premiere right here, right now, Fame Us is an unflinching look at America’s celebrity-obsessed culture that eerily floats on a dystopic beat from producer Rodney Hazard (a.k.a. I.D.E.A.) complete with hidden, backwards messages from the devil (I’m kidding…maybe). On the mic, James tells the cinematic tale of celebrities chewed up and spit out by the same culture that makes them famous: “Why you cryin baby girl, your boyfriend beat you down? / We’ll just profit off the story and sell it until you drown.” It’s a good thing something like that would never happen in real life. If you’re digging this fearlessly innovative joint, be sure to keep it locked for more premieres from James and Hazard ahead of the release of their upcoming project Marvelous World of Color, dropping August 11, on DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)