After It Feels Right, the alcohol soaked track from Jason James (a.k.a. Web) that was met with rave reviews from the Booth community, the best emcee to ever come out of Vancouver is back with another offering, the haunting Fame Us. Making its world premiere right here, right now, Fame Us is an unflinching look at America’s celebrity-obsessed culture that eerily floats on a dystopic beat from producer Rodney Hazard (a.k.a. I.D.E.A.) complete with hidden, backwards messages from the devil (I’m kidding…maybe). On the mic, James tells the cinematic tale of celebrities chewed up and spit out by the same culture that makes them famous: “Why you cryin baby girl, your boyfriend beat you down? / We’ll just profit off the story and sell it until you drown.” It’s a good thing something like that would never happen in real life. If you’re digging this fearlessly innovative joint, be sure to keep it locked for more premieres from James and Hazard ahead of the release of their upcoming project Marvelous World of Color, dropping August 11, on DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.