After It Feels Right, the alcohol soaked track from Jason James (a.k.a. Web) that was met with rave reviews from the Booth community, the best emcee to ever come out of Vancouver is back with another offering, the haunting Fame Us. Making its world premiere right here, right now, Fame Us is an unflinching look at America’s celebrity-obsessed culture that eerily floats on a dystopic beat from producer Rodney Hazard (a.k.a. I.D.E.A.) complete with hidden, backwards messages from the devil (I’m kidding…maybe). On the mic, James tells the cinematic tale of celebrities chewed up and spit out by the same culture that makes them famous: “Why you cryin baby girl, your boyfriend beat you down? / We’ll just profit off the story and sell it until you drown.” It’s a good thing something like that would never happen in real life. If you’re digging this fearlessly innovative joint, be sure to keep it locked for more premieres from James and Hazard ahead of the release of their upcoming project Marvelous World of Color, dropping August 11, on DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.