After It Feels Right, the alcohol soaked track from Jason James (a.k.a. Web) that was met with rave reviews from the Booth community, the best emcee to ever come out of Vancouver is back with another offering, the haunting Fame Us. Making its world premiere right here, right now, Fame Us is an unflinching look at America’s celebrity-obsessed culture that eerily floats on a dystopic beat from producer Rodney Hazard (a.k.a. I.D.E.A.) complete with hidden, backwards messages from the devil (I’m kidding…maybe). On the mic, James tells the cinematic tale of celebrities chewed up and spit out by the same culture that makes them famous: “Why you cryin baby girl, your boyfriend beat you down? / We’ll just profit off the story and sell it until you drown.” It’s a good thing something like that would never happen in real life. If you’re digging this fearlessly innovative joint, be sure to keep it locked for more premieres from James and Hazard ahead of the release of their upcoming project Marvelous World of Color, dropping August 11, on DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love at the Speed of Light (Kolt 13 Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.