The fall advertising campaign for Dunkin Donuts featured Island Urban Music president, Jermaine Dupri, stuffed inside a valet parking attendant booth with a hot mess of people. Each of the crammed individuals was getting their groove on to Aunt Jackie, the super trendy single from Harlem’s Jason Fox. Since the campaign has ended, similar to the buzz on Fox’s danceable debut offering, it’s time for the Def Jam signee to release his new radio single. Arriving at the top of ’08, featuring the sexy Kat DeLuna (Whine Up), is the equally danceable, Coffee Girl (not be confused with Yung Joc’s Coffee Shop). While it is super difficult to get past the irony of this title, especially considering our opening factoid, Fox clearly has the ability to make dance floor hits without being overtly and blatantly sexual. Jason’s debut LP, Year of the Fox, will drop next summer.
Written by DJ Z on 12/26/07
Submit your Rating
Hood Presidents/Island Urban Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.