The fall advertising campaign for Dunkin Donuts featured Island Urban Music president, Jermaine Dupri, stuffed inside a valet parking attendant booth with a hot mess of people. Each of the crammed individuals was getting their groove on to Aunt Jackie, the super trendy single from Harlem’s Jason Fox. Since the campaign has ended, similar to the buzz on Fox’s danceable debut offering, it’s time for the Def Jam signee to release his new radio single. Arriving at the top of ’08, featuring the sexy Kat DeLuna (Whine Up), is the equally danceable, Coffee Girl (not be confused with Yung Joc’s Coffee Shop). While it is super difficult to get past the irony of this title, especially considering our opening factoid, Fox clearly has the ability to make dance floor hits without being overtly and blatantly sexual. Jason’s debut LP, Year of the Fox, will drop next summer.
Written by DJ Z on 12/26/07
Hood Presidents/Island Urban Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.