Ladies and gentlemen, Jason Derulo has crossed over to The Other Side. No, not the Jim Morrison, “spirit world” other side—I’m talking about the other side of the friend zone. On single numero uno off his third studio album, the artist’s first solo feature since October 2011’s Fight for You, Derulo describes the fateful, liquor-soaked night that a Platonic relationship transformed into something more. Martin Johnson and DJ Ammo provide a club-ready instrumental backdrop for the artist’s soaring, falsetto-laced vocals. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Derulo’s junior set currently lacks both a title and drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.