I know, I know, you had just begun to get Jason Derulo’s hit single In My Head out of your, well, head, but there was no way we could let the song’s official remix go by, especially when it features Nicki Minaj, the femcee everyone either loves or loves to hate. On the remix version J.R. Rotem’s originally rock oriented production is tweaked slightly and given a softer, more electronic feel, while Jason retouches his vocals to essentially the same effect. And then, of course, there’s the Nicki guest verse, which in true Minaj fashion includes some quasi-schizophrenic vocal stylings and off beat references. So now the question is clear: Did Nicki somehow manage to make In My Head even more memorable, or was the track catchier without her? Let the debate begin Booth. And for the four people out there who don’t already know, the original version of In My Head can be found on the young crooner’s self-titled album Jason Derulo, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.