I know, I know, you had just begun to get Jason Derulo’s hit single In My Head out of your, well, head, but there was no way we could let the song’s official remix go by, especially when it features Nicki Minaj, the femcee everyone either loves or loves to hate. On the remix version J.R. Rotem’s originally rock oriented production is tweaked slightly and given a softer, more electronic feel, while Jason retouches his vocals to essentially the same effect. And then, of course, there’s the Nicki guest verse, which in true Minaj fashion includes some quasi-schizophrenic vocal stylings and off beat references. So now the question is clear: Did Nicki somehow manage to make In My Head even more memorable, or was the track catchier without her? Let the debate begin Booth. And for the four people out there who don’t already know, the original version of In My Head can be found on the young crooner’s self-titled album Jason Derulo, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.