I know, I know, you had just begun to get Jason Derulo’s hit single In My Head out of your, well, head, but there was no way we could let the song’s official remix go by, especially when it features Nicki Minaj, the femcee everyone either loves or loves to hate. On the remix version J.R. Rotem’s originally rock oriented production is tweaked slightly and given a softer, more electronic feel, while Jason retouches his vocals to essentially the same effect. And then, of course, there’s the Nicki guest verse, which in true Minaj fashion includes some quasi-schizophrenic vocal stylings and off beat references. So now the question is clear: Did Nicki somehow manage to make In My Head even more memorable, or was the track catchier without her? Let the debate begin Booth. And for the four people out there who don’t already know, the original version of In My Head can be found on the young crooner’s self-titled album Jason Derulo, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.