I know, I know, you had just begun to get Jason Derulo’s hit single In My Head out of your, well, head, but there was no way we could let the song’s official remix go by, especially when it features Nicki Minaj, the femcee everyone either loves or loves to hate. On the remix version J.R. Rotem’s originally rock oriented production is tweaked slightly and given a softer, more electronic feel, while Jason retouches his vocals to essentially the same effect. And then, of course, there’s the Nicki guest verse, which in true Minaj fashion includes some quasi-schizophrenic vocal stylings and off beat references. So now the question is clear: Did Nicki somehow manage to make In My Head even more memorable, or was the track catchier without her? Let the debate begin Booth. And for the four people out there who don’t already know, the original version of In My Head can be found on the young crooner’s self-titled album Jason Derulo, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/11/10
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.