Sure, Jason Derulo has a small army of women throwing themselves (and their undergarments) at his feet everywhere he goes, but that doesn’t mean the young crooner has found what he’s looking for. On the contrary, he’s still searching for that It Girl. The second single off his upcoming sophomore album, following the Booth approved Don’t Wanna Go Home, It Girl is everything we’ve come to expect from Derulo, namely catchy. Producer Emanuel “Eman” Kiriakou covers a lot of musical ground on the uptempo love song, smoothly alternating between acoustic guitars, club synths and huge drum lines. It’d be too much beat for a lot of singers to handle but Jason does well here, rising above the fray with a dynamic but not over-the-top vocal performance. If girls were blushing just listening to Derulo before, I’m willing to bet they’ll be hyperventilating over this one. (Ladies, I know your probably already sitting down to listen to this but please, take the proper precautions.) Plenty more hip-pop-club R&B fusion undoubtedly awaits listeners on Jason’s upcoming, paradoxically titled new album Future History, due out Sept. 27.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/11
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.