19-year-old Jason Derulo knows his life’s work will be in music, and he already has an extensive résumé to prove it – in addition to writing for such prominent artists as Lil’ Wanye and Kat DeLuna, he also writes and performs his own material. On his new single, Algebra, he responds to the haters who didn’t believe in his star potential. Fliptones gives the young Miami singer/songwriter a polyphonic production on which he flexes his lyrical muscles. “They say, ‘Become a doctor,’ I don’t have the patience/ The road less traveled is the one that I’ll be taking.” Derulo’s Future History will be released next year.
Written by Erica L. on 08/12/08
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sideways ft. Jason DeRulo & N.O.X." (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.