19-year-old Jason Derulo knows his life’s work will be in music, and he already has an extensive résumé to prove it – in addition to writing for such prominent artists as Lil’ Wanye and Kat DeLuna, he also writes and performs his own material. On his new single, Algebra, he responds to the haters who didn’t believe in his star potential. Fliptones gives the young Miami singer/songwriter a polyphonic production on which he flexes his lyrical muscles. “They say, ‘Become a doctor,’ I don’t have the patience/ The road less traveled is the one that I’ll be taking.” Derulo’s Future History will be released next year.
Written by Erica L. on 08/12/08
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sideways ft. Jason DeRulo & N.O.X." (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.