19-year-old Jason Derulo knows his life’s work will be in music, and he already has an extensive résumé to prove it – in addition to writing for such prominent artists as Lil’ Wanye and Kat DeLuna, he also writes and performs his own material. On his new single, Algebra, he responds to the haters who didn’t believe in his star potential. Fliptones gives the young Miami singer/songwriter a polyphonic production on which he flexes his lyrical muscles. “They say, ‘Become a doctor,’ I don’t have the patience/ The road less traveled is the one that I’ll be taking.” Derulo’s Future History will be released next year.
Written by Erica L. on 08/12/08
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sideways ft. Jason DeRulo & N.O.X." (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.