The best relationship advice I’ve ever received came from my mother: “Never make someone a priority if all you are to them is an option.” (A Google search reveals that she was actually quoting Maya Angelou but, seeing as she’s my mom, I can forgive her for not citing her sources.) On promo single The Other Guy, originally released a few years back but making its world premiere in a new, re-recorded incarnation, Jason Caesar shows us what can happen when that rule is broken. With buzzmaking German producer Michael Burek swirling synth arpeggios and driving percussion as his backdrop, the singer describes how his casual trysts with a married woman developed into a tragic obsession. Fully aware that she’ll never give up the comfort and stability her steady man provides, he laments “I should be replacin’ her instead of still chasin’ her.” Still, he’s too enamored with her to say no. While it’s hard to imagine this story ending well for the artist, fans in the Booth are sure to appreciate the soul (and versatility—dig his rapped closing 16, recorded to replace an original guest 16 from Joe Billz) he showcases here. If you’re feeling it, keep your browser locked you-know-where for all the latest tunes from the rising R&B star.
Written by richard on 02/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)