Feeling stressed lately? Overwhelmed? Looking to put on something soothing, kick back, and simply Relax Your Mind? Well, R&B up-and-comer Jason Caesar (nephew of Grammy-winning gospel singer Shirley Caesar) has got you covered like silk bedsheets; this record (Caesar’s first Booth feature) is as chill as it gets—like, martini-in-a-glass-straight-out-of-the-freezer chill. Or, more accurately, Urban Hang Suite chill. The combination of Caesar’s dreamy falsetto vocals and German trance duo Blank & Jones mellow, funk-guitar-laced breakbeat is sure to remind neo-soul fans of Maxwell‘s early work, and if Pretty Wings didn’t hit the spot like Ascension did back in ‘96, it’s a good bet that this record will do the trick. If this cut’s laid-back, lightly funky ambiance has got you hooked, pick up a copy of Blank & Jones’ newly-released Relax (Edition Four) LP, and, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for more of Jason Caesar’s mesmerizing R&B stylings.
Listen to More: Jason Caesar Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pullin Me Down" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.