Feeling stressed lately? Overwhelmed? Looking to put on something soothing, kick back, and simply Relax Your Mind? Well, R&B up-and-comer Jason Caesar (nephew of Grammy-winning gospel singer Shirley Caesar) has got you covered like silk bedsheets; this record (Caesar’s first Booth feature) is as chill as it gets—like, martini-in-a-glass-straight-out-of-the-freezer chill. Or, more accurately, Urban Hang Suite chill. The combination of Caesar’s dreamy falsetto vocals and German trance duo Blank & Jones mellow, funk-guitar-laced breakbeat is sure to remind neo-soul fans of Maxwell‘s early work, and if Pretty Wings didn’t hit the spot like Ascension did back in ‘96, it’s a good bet that this record will do the trick. If this cut’s laid-back, lightly funky ambiance has got you hooked, pick up a copy of Blank & Jones’ newly-released Relax (Edition Four) LP, and, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for more of Jason Caesar’s mesmerizing R&B stylings.
Written by richard on 05/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pullin Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.