Feeling stressed lately? Overwhelmed? Looking to put on something soothing, kick back, and simply Relax Your Mind? Well, R&B up-and-comer Jason Caesar (nephew of Grammy-winning gospel singer Shirley Caesar) has got you covered like silk bedsheets; this record (Caesar’s first Booth feature) is as chill as it gets—like, martini-in-a-glass-straight-out-of-the-freezer chill. Or, more accurately, Urban Hang Suite chill. The combination of Caesar’s dreamy falsetto vocals and German trance duo Blank & Jones mellow, funk-guitar-laced breakbeat is sure to remind neo-soul fans of Maxwell‘s early work, and if Pretty Wings didn’t hit the spot like Ascension did back in ‘96, it’s a good bet that this record will do the trick. If this cut’s laid-back, lightly funky ambiance has got you hooked, pick up a copy of Blank & Jones’ newly-released Relax (Edition Four) LP, and, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for more of Jason Caesar’s mesmerizing R&B stylings.
Written by richard on 05/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pullin Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.