Feeling stressed lately? Overwhelmed? Looking to put on something soothing, kick back, and simply Relax Your Mind? Well, R&B up-and-comer Jason Caesar (nephew of Grammy-winning gospel singer Shirley Caesar) has got you covered like silk bedsheets; this record (Caesar’s first Booth feature) is as chill as it gets—like, martini-in-a-glass-straight-out-of-the-freezer chill. Or, more accurately, Urban Hang Suite chill. The combination of Caesar’s dreamy falsetto vocals and German trance duo Blank & Jones mellow, funk-guitar-laced breakbeat is sure to remind neo-soul fans of Maxwell‘s early work, and if Pretty Wings didn’t hit the spot like Ascension did back in ‘96, it’s a good bet that this record will do the trick. If this cut’s laid-back, lightly funky ambiance has got you hooked, pick up a copy of Blank & Jones’ newly-released Relax (Edition Four) LP, and, of course, stay tuned to the Booth for more of Jason Caesar’s mesmerizing R&B stylings.
Written by richard on 05/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pullin Me Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.