One of the more underrated perks of being a big-name artist is that, when more traditional methods of communication just won’t cut it, you can tell that special someone—and the rest of the world—exactly how you feel via the Radio airwaves. (Or, if you’re feeling vindictive, you can publicly put them on blast à la Alanis Morrissette’s You Oughta Know). Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Jason Caesar‘s new promo single finds him attempting just that strategy. Having tried letters, phone calls and text messages to no avail, the up-and-coming singer/songwriter steps into the recording Booth in a last ditch effort to get through to the woman he loves. Backed by Team Blackout‘s pop-appealing synth production, the singer details his fruitless efforts to win back the female in question, and expresses his hope that a smash-hit record will help him regain his place in her heart and mind. Is it romantic, a touch obsessive or both? I’ll let Booth readers—the ladies in particular—issue the final verdict. Either way, those feeling this poignant, artist-penned ballad should keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes from Jason Caesar.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.