One of the more underrated perks of being a big-name artist is that, when more traditional methods of communication just won’t cut it, you can tell that special someone—and the rest of the world—exactly how you feel via the Radio airwaves. (Or, if you’re feeling vindictive, you can publicly put them on blast à la Alanis Morrissette’s You Oughta Know). Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Jason Caesar‘s new promo single finds him attempting just that strategy. Having tried letters, phone calls and text messages to no avail, the up-and-coming singer/songwriter steps into the recording Booth in a last ditch effort to get through to the woman he loves. Backed by Team Blackout‘s pop-appealing synth production, the singer details his fruitless efforts to win back the female in question, and expresses his hope that a smash-hit record will help him regain his place in her heart and mind. Is it romantic, a touch obsessive or both? I’ll let Booth readers—the ladies in particular—issue the final verdict. Either way, those feeling this poignant, artist-penned ballad should keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes from Jason Caesar.
Written by richard on 01/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.