Relax (Your Mind), globetrotting R&B singer Jason Caesar‘s first feature, did its job so well that some readers may not even remember it—if you’re anything like me, you probably zoned out about thirty seconds in, and snapped out of your trance a minute or two after the record was over, thinking, “I’m not sure what just happened, but I feel really relaxed!” Making its world premiere in the Booth, unreleased cut Pullin’ Me Down isn’t quite as hypnotic as R(YM), but it should still come with a warning label that reads “Do not listen while operating heavy machinery.” You know, for all the construction workers idling in their piledrivers, stealing WiFi from the local burger joint just so they can visit DJBooth.net. If you don’t fall into that category, pour yourself a glass of something cold, sit back, and bask in Caesar’s deceptively sunny tale of “...unrealistic, masochistic love.” German production group Fendaheads temper the singer’s rueful lyricism with narcotic guitar arpeggios and synth ambiance, and the combination seems calibrated to elicit wistful sighs. Once you’re finished going “Ah…” and (if you’re French), “C’est la vie...” be sure to render unto Caesar a rave review, and, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for all his latest tunes.
Written by richard on 07/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)