One very steamy guest feature aside, we haven’t heard anything from Jason Caesar since his heralded The Musical album dropped way back in….September of 2010. (Good lord, has it really been that long?) Thankfully there’s a good reason for his hiatus, he’s locked in the studio perfecting Musical 2, but in the meantime the ATL crooner’s premiering (Still) Not Over You to quench the thirst of parched fans. A remix, of sorts, of original album cut I’m Not Over You, this time around Oddz.N.Endz’ slowly pounding beat gets a slightly uptempo twist, giving the song a new found energy. But the real difference here is Laws, who drops some broken-relationship rhymes on the intro and back end that add an even more personal touch to Jason’s already heartfelt vocals. After all, you know what they say: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but feel free to add on a dope guest verse. While I can’t guarantee a full-length from Jason soon, I can promise he’s working hard on new material as we speak. In the meantime looks like you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.