One very steamy guest feature aside, we haven’t heard anything from Jason Caesar since his heralded The Musical album dropped way back in….September of 2010. (Good lord, has it really been that long?) Thankfully there’s a good reason for his hiatus, he’s locked in the studio perfecting Musical 2, but in the meantime the ATL crooner’s premiering (Still) Not Over You to quench the thirst of parched fans. A remix, of sorts, of original album cut I’m Not Over You, this time around Oddz.N.Endz’ slowly pounding beat gets a slightly uptempo twist, giving the song a new found energy. But the real difference here is Laws, who drops some broken-relationship rhymes on the intro and back end that add an even more personal touch to Jason’s already heartfelt vocals. After all, you know what they say: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but feel free to add on a dope guest verse. While I can’t guarantee a full-length from Jason soon, I can promise he’s working hard on new material as we speak. In the meantime looks like you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.