One very steamy guest feature aside, we haven’t heard anything from Jason Caesar since his heralded The Musical album dropped way back in….September of 2010. (Good lord, has it really been that long?) Thankfully there’s a good reason for his hiatus, he’s locked in the studio perfecting Musical 2, but in the meantime the ATL crooner’s premiering (Still) Not Over You to quench the thirst of parched fans. A remix, of sorts, of original album cut I’m Not Over You, this time around Oddz.N.Endz’ slowly pounding beat gets a slightly uptempo twist, giving the song a new found energy. But the real difference here is Laws, who drops some broken-relationship rhymes on the intro and back end that add an even more personal touch to Jason’s already heartfelt vocals. After all, you know what they say: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but feel free to add on a dope guest verse. While I can’t guarantee a full-length from Jason soon, I can promise he’s working hard on new material as we speak. In the meantime looks like you’ll just have to keep it locked to the Booth.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.