Coined way back when Latin was still a living language, “Misery Loves Company” is an idiom that’s stood the test of time by virtue of being very, very accurate. As true as it is that that the habitually negative like to drag others down with them, the expression doesn’t actually apply to Jason Caesar‘s latest offering – making its world premiere here in the Booth, this joint is more likely to lift listeners’ spirits than dampen them. Over Fat Boi‘s epic beat, fueled by a cinematic blend of piano, choral vocals and strings (the latter borrowed from the Beatles’ Eleanor Rigby), Caesar describes his feelings as he stands on a train platform, wondering if the girl he loves will ever return to him. Keeping the headliner company is ATL’s Stanza, who gets downright Shakespearean in his middle bars: “I’m here to torture you with vengeance and kill you with your thoughts / Make you make stupid decisions, like dual wrist incisions…” It all adds up to a cathartic banger that’s as catchy as it is dark in tone. If you’re digging it, you’ll be able to find more where this came from on his Booth-sponsored The Musical, set to hit our mixtape page Sept 15.
Written by richard on 08/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.