Coined way back when Latin was still a living language, “Misery Loves Company” is an idiom that’s stood the test of time by virtue of being very, very accurate. As true as it is that that the habitually negative like to drag others down with them, the expression doesn’t actually apply to Jason Caesar‘s latest offering – making its world premiere here in the Booth, this joint is more likely to lift listeners’ spirits than dampen them. Over Fat Boi‘s epic beat, fueled by a cinematic blend of piano, choral vocals and strings (the latter borrowed from the Beatles’ Eleanor Rigby), Caesar describes his feelings as he stands on a train platform, wondering if the girl he loves will ever return to him. Keeping the headliner company is ATL’s Stanza, who gets downright Shakespearean in his middle bars: “I’m here to torture you with vengeance and kill you with your thoughts / Make you make stupid decisions, like dual wrist incisions…” It all adds up to a cathartic banger that’s as catchy as it is dark in tone. If you’re digging it, you’ll be able to find more where this came from on his Booth-sponsored The Musical, set to hit our mixtape page Sept 15.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.