It’s been said (by old people, mostly) that today’s generation of young adults has lost the power of Imagination, thanks to a steady diet of TV, Internet, video games and other passive media. Today, Booth faves Laws and Jason Caesar prove this assertion categorically untrue, spinning romantic jealousy into a revenge tale as lurid as anything dreamed up by Shakespeare or Dumas. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this unreleased joints finds Cincinnati beatsmith M80 blending smooth synths and syncopated percussion into a deceptively delicate instrumental backdrop as the Panhandle State emcee and ATL crooner inform a lost love precisely what they have planned for her and her new man: “I heard that you found a new friend, well if I catch him on a bad day then he’s dyin’” “I’m talkin’ razors to his eyelids, leave him all wet like an island.” Complete with a chorus cleverly alluding to The Temptations’ Just My Imagination, this musical melodrama isn’t attached to any specified project, but those digging it can expect more collaborative work from Laws and Caesar in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.