It’s been said (by old people, mostly) that today’s generation of young adults has lost the power of Imagination, thanks to a steady diet of TV, Internet, video games and other passive media. Today, Booth faves Laws and Jason Caesar prove this assertion categorically untrue, spinning romantic jealousy into a revenge tale as lurid as anything dreamed up by Shakespeare or Dumas. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this unreleased joints finds Cincinnati beatsmith M80 blending smooth synths and syncopated percussion into a deceptively delicate instrumental backdrop as the Panhandle State emcee and ATL crooner inform a lost love precisely what they have planned for her and her new man: “I heard that you found a new friend, well if I catch him on a bad day then he’s dyin’” “I’m talkin’ razors to his eyelids, leave him all wet like an island.” Complete with a chorus cleverly alluding to The Temptations’ Just My Imagination, this musical melodrama isn’t attached to any specified project, but those digging it can expect more collaborative work from Laws and Caesar in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.