It’s been said (by old people, mostly) that today’s generation of young adults has lost the power of Imagination, thanks to a steady diet of TV, Internet, video games and other passive media. Today, Booth faves Laws and Jason Caesar prove this assertion categorically untrue, spinning romantic jealousy into a revenge tale as lurid as anything dreamed up by Shakespeare or Dumas. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this unreleased joints finds Cincinnati beatsmith M80 blending smooth synths and syncopated percussion into a deceptively delicate instrumental backdrop as the Panhandle State emcee and ATL crooner inform a lost love precisely what they have planned for her and her new man: “I heard that you found a new friend, well if I catch him on a bad day then he’s dyin’” “I’m talkin’ razors to his eyelids, leave him all wet like an island.” Complete with a chorus cleverly alluding to The Temptations’ Just My Imagination, this musical melodrama isn’t attached to any specified project, but those digging it can expect more collaborative work from Laws and Caesar in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.