Some songs are meant to do one thing and one thing only; make babies. What J. Holiday did with his hit single Bed in ‘07, Jason Caesar is on track to replicate for 2010 with Hats Off, making its premiere right here, right now. From Caesar’s upcoming album, The Musical, Hats Off is Jason’s gentle, sensual persuasion to try to get his girl to let him in bed without a “rubber coat.” Credit must be given to the track’s producer, Fatboi, since the rhythmic, tribal drum beat does indeed make listeners want to feed their primal urges. “I gotta let you know/like a porno flick with no remote control/ I want to feel it all”. Even though the lyrics are intensely obvious - “Tonight I’m not a Trojan man” - Caesar’s smooth, buttery style actually convinces you that he is just being sweet, not selfish. Despite the romantic air of the cut, this track is so explicit it should come with a warning label: Not responsible for unintended conception. Meant for serious couples only. Jason Caesar’s new album, The Musical, is scheduled to be released September 15, exclusively on DJBooth.net.
Written by Aisha Khan on 09/9/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.