Those who, like me, narrowly missed experiencing the music of the ‘80s firsthand (I’m an ‘88 baby) are currently being treated to a thorough retread of the era’s hits. Whatever your feelings on urban music’s current passion for updating Reagan-decade classics, few artists could be more up to the task of polishing a dusty pop gem than Jason Caesar, who looks to the Cutting Crew’s (I Just) Died in Your Arms for inspiration on the second world premiere off his forthcoming mixtape. Taking You Home finds Fatboi interpolating the ‘86 single’s instantly-recognizable string riffs as Caesar invites a special lady to grab her passport and book it to the airport for the journey of her life (with a layover, of course, in the singer’s bedroom). Harlem vet Ma$e takes center stage on the record’s middle portion, cutting right to the chase in his sexed-up guest verse. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to (figuratively) take home a copy of Jason Caesar’s Booth-sponsored The Musical street album on September 15, when it hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download. In the meantime, why not check out the recently-released trailer?
Written by richard on 09/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.