Those who, like me, narrowly missed experiencing the music of the ‘80s firsthand (I’m an ‘88 baby) are currently being treated to a thorough retread of the era’s hits. Whatever your feelings on urban music’s current passion for updating Reagan-decade classics, few artists could be more up to the task of polishing a dusty pop gem than Jason Caesar, who looks to the Cutting Crew’s (I Just) Died in Your Arms for inspiration on the second world premiere off his forthcoming mixtape. Taking You Home finds Fatboi interpolating the ‘86 single’s instantly-recognizable string riffs as Caesar invites a special lady to grab her passport and book it to the airport for the journey of her life (with a layover, of course, in the singer’s bedroom). Harlem vet Ma$e takes center stage on the record’s middle portion, cutting right to the chase in his sexed-up guest verse. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to (figuratively) take home a copy of Jason Caesar’s Booth-sponsored The Musical street album on September 15, when it hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download. In the meantime, why not check out the recently-released trailer?
Written by richard on 09/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Relax (Your Mind)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.