Update: We have added the Gil Green-directed visuals for Jasmine V’s That’s Me Right There single.
A rising R&B songstress hailing from Santa Monica, Jasmine V makes her grand entrance into the Booth with a brand new EP single in tow. As the title implies, That’s Me Right There is all about Jasmine; backed by Harmony Samuels‘s trap-tinged percussion and lumbering synth-brass, the singer celebrates her own poise, self-assurance and realness. Even so, the cut is a team effort; Interscope labelmate Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to deliver some characteristically masterful guest bars on the back end. The headliner’s next EP currently lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
Mosci Music/Eye Know A Secret/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk Away" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.