Update: We have added the Gil Green-directed visuals for Jasmine V’s That’s Me Right There single.
A rising R&B songstress hailing from Santa Monica, Jasmine V makes her grand entrance into the Booth with a brand new EP single in tow. As the title implies, That’s Me Right There is all about Jasmine; backed by Harmony Samuels‘s trap-tinged percussion and lumbering synth-brass, the singer celebrates her own poise, self-assurance and realness. Even so, the cut is a team effort; Interscope labelmate Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to deliver some characteristically masterful guest bars on the back end. The headliner’s next EP currently lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
Mosci Music/Eye Know A Secret/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Walk Away" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.