At the ripe young age of 19, Jarvis has his mind on two things: music and women. Born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the R&B singer dreamed of a career as a professional basketball player in the NBA. After recording his independent debut with Tricycle Records at the age of sixteen, however, Jarvis was persuaded to stick with his singing talents and pursue a career in music. To kick off what he hopes will be his biggest year yet, his current indie label, Starstruck Entertainment, has released his new single Pretty Girl. Produced by maddscientist (see Super Villain) and featuring Virgin Island duo (and DJBooth favorite), Rock City, the single is the lead to Jarvis’ spring release, Dream Girls.
Written by DJ Z on 01/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Luv Me ft. Yung Joc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.