Whose world is it? While Illmatic fanatics may be under the impression that it’s theirs, Jarren Benton has a very different take on the matter. On his latest mixtape leak (another exclusive world premiere!), the ATL native makes it known in no uncertain terms that the “World Is Mine.” Don Cannon mans the boards on this joint, serving up a catchy blend of piano, strings, and stomp-clap percussion as the emcee celebrates his continuing progress towards superstardom: “I came a long way from feelin’ hopeless in my room, to walkin’ on the Moon and puttin’ rappers in a tomb.” Fellow Booth fave Laws puts the icing on the cake, contributing sung vocals on the hook and making top-tier lyricism sound easy in an effortlessly conversational opening verse. Benton and Laws may both have a ways to go before reaching world-ownership level success, but they certainly seem to be headed in the right direction – what do you think? If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for release details on the headliner’s forthcoming, yet-untitled street album, which will be hosted and A&Red by DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.