While DJBooth staff and readers saw Jarren Benton‘s potential way back in January of 2009, when he dropped off debut feature Skate, there were those who doubted the ATLien buzzmaker back in the day. Damn, must they feel stupid now. On a fresh video single off his Funk Volume debut, the longtime reader fave takes a moment to revel in his successes and hit the haters with a hearty, “I told you so.” Joining Benton over constant collaborator Kato‘s trap-infused street boardwork, labelmate Dizzy Wright and Booth newcomer Pounds have a few words with their own detractors on the record’s latter two-thirds. George Orozco directs the joint’s hazy official visuals. Fans can find We On and many more bangers on Benton’s My Grandma’s Basement LP, out now in both physical and digital formats.
Written by richard on 06/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.