Oh, you want some more world premieres from ATL microphone-destroyer and DJBooth Freestyle rocker Jarren Benton after his last effort World Is Mine light up the Booth like the 4th of July? Your wish is our command. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present They Love It, the second of three premieres from Senor Benton. Behind the boards somewhat ironically named producer Spittzwell crafts a beat every bit as eclectic as Benton’s flow, bringing together some hip-hop bounce with a rock edge and, well, about 197 other audio elements. It’s a sonic stew many rappers wouldn’t be able to stir, but Benton handles the track admirably, maintaining full control of the mic while dropping an eclectic flow and still working in the occasional punchline: “We smoking on that ugly green, call it Swamp Thing.” So will the Booth love it? My Magic 8 Ball says all signs point to yes, and my Magic 8 Ball is (almost) never wrong. Benton has yet to announce details surrounding the project these tracks are attached to, but I think we all know what site will let you know first.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.