Oh, you want some more world premieres from ATL microphone-destroyer and DJBooth Freestyle rocker Jarren Benton after his last effort World Is Mine light up the Booth like the 4th of July? Your wish is our command. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present They Love It, the second of three premieres from Senor Benton. Behind the boards somewhat ironically named producer Spittzwell crafts a beat every bit as eclectic as Benton’s flow, bringing together some hip-hop bounce with a rock edge and, well, about 197 other audio elements. It’s a sonic stew many rappers wouldn’t be able to stir, but Benton handles the track admirably, maintaining full control of the mic while dropping an eclectic flow and still working in the occasional punchline: “We smoking on that ugly green, call it Swamp Thing.” So will the Booth love it? My Magic 8 Ball says all signs point to yes, and my Magic 8 Ball is (almost) never wrong. Benton has yet to announce details surrounding the project these tracks are attached to, but I think we all know what site will let you know first.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.