Oh, you want some more world premieres from ATL microphone-destroyer and DJBooth Freestyle rocker Jarren Benton after his last effort World Is Mine light up the Booth like the 4th of July? Your wish is our command. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present They Love It, the second of three premieres from Senor Benton. Behind the boards somewhat ironically named producer Spittzwell crafts a beat every bit as eclectic as Benton’s flow, bringing together some hip-hop bounce with a rock edge and, well, about 197 other audio elements. It’s a sonic stew many rappers wouldn’t be able to stir, but Benton handles the track admirably, maintaining full control of the mic while dropping an eclectic flow and still working in the occasional punchline: “We smoking on that ugly green, call it Swamp Thing.” So will the Booth love it? My Magic 8 Ball says all signs point to yes, and my Magic 8 Ball is (almost) never wrong. Benton has yet to announce details surrounding the project these tracks are attached to, but I think we all know what site will let you know first.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.