Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Back in January, we heard Jarren Benton celebrate his addition to the Funk Volume stable with FV2013, an action-packed ensemble cut off the San Fernando Valley imprint’s Knock Madness compilation. Today, the ATL repper and perennial Booth fave returns to our pages with his first solo single via his new label home. Razor Blades and Steak Knives finds Benton very much in his element, delivering aggressive, cartoonishly unhinged verses over an ominous beat by SMKA‘s Kato. Amid all the carnage, he finds time to offer a rejoinder to hand-wringing critics of his lyrical content: “Suck a d**k, suck a d**k, suck a d**k and by the way: suck a d**k.” Guest singer Hemi ties the record together with some appropriately diabolical chorus vocals. After this off-the-wall lead effort, I can only imagine the madness that awaits on Benton’s forthcoming full-length. My Grandmas Basement currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh cuts as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jarren Benton’s JKap-directed Razor Blades and Steak Knives visual.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.