From its inception, rap was viewed by many of its most prominent representatives as a medium for education as well as entertainment. While I doubt Jarren Benton‘s latest feature (the final song release off his latest mixtape) was what they had in mind, impressionable young listeners will come away from the record having learned something new—namely, how to mix up a styrofoam cup of Lean. Over project collaborators SMKA‘s street-ready production, the freestyle series alum and new Funk Volume signee expresses his affinity for that purple drank. For more, check out Benton’s SMKA/Roc N Mayne-produced Freebasin With Kevin Bacon LP, which was release on June 28.
Written by richard on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.