From its inception, rap was viewed by many of its most prominent representatives as a medium for education as well as entertainment. While I doubt Jarren Benton‘s latest feature (the final song release off his latest mixtape) was what they had in mind, impressionable young listeners will come away from the record having learned something new—namely, how to mix up a styrofoam cup of Lean. Over project collaborators SMKA‘s street-ready production, the freestyle series alum and new Funk Volume signee expresses his affinity for that purple drank. For more, check out Benton’s SMKA/Roc N Mayne-produced Freebasin With Kevin Bacon LP, which was release on June 28.
Written by richard on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.