From its inception, rap was viewed by many of its most prominent representatives as a medium for education as well as entertainment. While I doubt Jarren Benton‘s latest feature (the final song release off his latest mixtape) was what they had in mind, impressionable young listeners will come away from the record having learned something new—namely, how to mix up a styrofoam cup of Lean. Over project collaborators SMKA‘s street-ready production, the freestyle series alum and new Funk Volume signee expresses his affinity for that purple drank. For more, check out Benton’s SMKA/Roc N Mayne-produced Freebasin With Kevin Bacon LP, which was release on June 28.
Written by richard on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.