From its inception, rap was viewed by many of its most prominent representatives as a medium for education as well as entertainment. While I doubt Jarren Benton‘s latest feature (the final song release off his latest mixtape) was what they had in mind, impressionable young listeners will come away from the record having learned something new—namely, how to mix up a styrofoam cup of Lean. Over project collaborators SMKA‘s street-ready production, the freestyle series alum and new Funk Volume signee expresses his affinity for that purple drank. For more, check out Benton’s SMKA/Roc N Mayne-produced Freebasin With Kevin Bacon LP, which was release on June 28.
Written by richard on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.