Razor Blades & Steak Knives, the lead single off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length, was every bit as unhinged as you’d expect from a joint dedicated to a rapper’s favorite cutting implements. While the follow-up finds him shifting focus to the more prosaic topic of whips, listeners shouldn’t be fooled; Cadillacs & Chevys is still the work of a madman. After an ad-libbed intro that epitomizes “too much information” (“By the way… I finally sucked my own d**k.”), the ATL-repping Booth fave hits the ground running, freely indulging his murderous urges over Roc N Mayne‘s suitably eerie street boardwork (complete with scratches by DJ Hoppa). Artemus Jenkins directs the joint’s low-budget, high-energy visuals. Looking forward to bumping this one in your ride? Then click here to pre-order Benton’s My Grandma’s Basement LP, dropping June 11, via Funk Volume.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!