Razor Blades & Steak Knives, the lead single off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length, was every bit as unhinged as you’d expect from a joint dedicated to a rapper’s favorite cutting implements. While the follow-up finds him shifting focus to the more prosaic topic of whips, listeners shouldn’t be fooled; Cadillacs & Chevys is still the work of a madman. After an ad-libbed intro that epitomizes “too much information” (“By the way… I finally sucked my own d**k.”), the ATL-repping Booth fave hits the ground running, freely indulging his murderous urges over Roc N Mayne‘s suitably eerie street boardwork (complete with scratches by DJ Hoppa). Artemus Jenkins directs the joint’s low-budget, high-energy visuals. Looking forward to bumping this one in your ride? Then click here to pre-order Benton’s My Grandma’s Basement LP, dropping June 11, via Funk Volume.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.