Razor Blades & Steak Knives, the lead single off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length, was every bit as unhinged as you’d expect from a joint dedicated to a rapper’s favorite cutting implements. While the follow-up finds him shifting focus to the more prosaic topic of whips, listeners shouldn’t be fooled; Cadillacs & Chevys is still the work of a madman. After an ad-libbed intro that epitomizes “too much information” (“By the way… I finally sucked my own d**k.”), the ATL-repping Booth fave hits the ground running, freely indulging his murderous urges over Roc N Mayne‘s suitably eerie street boardwork (complete with scratches by DJ Hoppa). Artemus Jenkins directs the joint’s low-budget, high-energy visuals. Looking forward to bumping this one in your ride? Then click here to pre-order Benton’s My Grandma’s Basement LP, dropping June 11, via Funk Volume.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.