Razor Blades & Steak Knives, the lead single off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length, was every bit as unhinged as you’d expect from a joint dedicated to a rapper’s favorite cutting implements. While the follow-up finds him shifting focus to the more prosaic topic of whips, listeners shouldn’t be fooled; Cadillacs & Chevys is still the work of a madman. After an ad-libbed intro that epitomizes “too much information” (“By the way… I finally sucked my own d**k.”), the ATL-repping Booth fave hits the ground running, freely indulging his murderous urges over Roc N Mayne‘s suitably eerie street boardwork (complete with scratches by DJ Hoppa). Artemus Jenkins directs the joint’s low-budget, high-energy visuals. Looking forward to bumping this one in your ride? Then click here to pre-order Benton’s My Grandma’s Basement LP, dropping June 11, via Funk Volume.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.