Razor Blades & Steak Knives, the lead single off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length, was every bit as unhinged as you’d expect from a joint dedicated to a rapper’s favorite cutting implements. While the follow-up finds him shifting focus to the more prosaic topic of whips, listeners shouldn’t be fooled; Cadillacs & Chevys is still the work of a madman. After an ad-libbed intro that epitomizes “too much information” (“By the way… I finally sucked my own d**k.”), the ATL-repping Booth fave hits the ground running, freely indulging his murderous urges over Roc N Mayne‘s suitably eerie street boardwork (complete with scratches by DJ Hoppa). Artemus Jenkins directs the joint’s low-budget, high-energy visuals. Looking forward to bumping this one in your ride? Then click here to pre-order Benton’s My Grandma’s Basement LP, dropping June 11, via Funk Volume.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)