Previous singles off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length (see Cadillacs & Chevys and Razor Blades & Steak Knives) have depicted the artist as a violent, bloodthirsty psychopath. On song release number three, we learn that the ATL rhymesayer is also a bit of a Bully. The title of Benton’s latest effort may be an understatement of staggering proportions but, thankfully for his fans, that’s the only thing understated about the cut. Frequent collaborator and SMKA member Kato handles production duties on this diabolical jam, crafting an ominous arpeggiated synth backdrop for Jarren’s ultraviolent, morbidly humorous bars. Philly underground mainstay Vinnie Paz guests, contributing a less cartoonish, but equally grisly 16 on the front. Feeling it? More madness awaits on Funk Volume debut album My Grandma’s Basement, scheduled to drop June 11.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.