Previous singles off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length (see Cadillacs & Chevys and Razor Blades & Steak Knives) have depicted the artist as a violent, bloodthirsty psychopath. On song release number three, we learn that the ATL rhymesayer is also a bit of a Bully. The title of Benton’s latest effort may be an understatement of staggering proportions but, thankfully for his fans, that’s the only thing understated about the cut. Frequent collaborator and SMKA member Kato handles production duties on this diabolical jam, crafting an ominous arpeggiated synth backdrop for Jarren’s ultraviolent, morbidly humorous bars. Philly underground mainstay Vinnie Paz guests, contributing a less cartoonish, but equally grisly 16 on the front. Feeling it? More madness awaits on Funk Volume debut album My Grandma’s Basement, scheduled to drop June 11.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.