Previous singles off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length (see Cadillacs & Chevys and Razor Blades & Steak Knives) have depicted the artist as a violent, bloodthirsty psychopath. On song release number three, we learn that the ATL rhymesayer is also a bit of a Bully. The title of Benton’s latest effort may be an understatement of staggering proportions but, thankfully for his fans, that’s the only thing understated about the cut. Frequent collaborator and SMKA member Kato handles production duties on this diabolical jam, crafting an ominous arpeggiated synth backdrop for Jarren’s ultraviolent, morbidly humorous bars. Philly underground mainstay Vinnie Paz guests, contributing a less cartoonish, but equally grisly 16 on the front. Feeling it? More madness awaits on Funk Volume debut album My Grandma’s Basement, scheduled to drop June 11.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.