Previous singles off Jarren Benton‘s forthcoming full-length (see Cadillacs & Chevys and Razor Blades & Steak Knives) have depicted the artist as a violent, bloodthirsty psychopath. On song release number three, we learn that the ATL rhymesayer is also a bit of a Bully. The title of Benton’s latest effort may be an understatement of staggering proportions but, thankfully for his fans, that’s the only thing understated about the cut. Frequent collaborator and SMKA member Kato handles production duties on this diabolical jam, crafting an ominous arpeggiated synth backdrop for Jarren’s ultraviolent, morbidly humorous bars. Philly underground mainstay Vinnie Paz guests, contributing a less cartoonish, but equally grisly 16 on the front. Feeling it? More madness awaits on Funk Volume debut album My Grandma’s Basement, scheduled to drop June 11.
Written by richard on 05/30/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.