What could be better than feeling like a million bucks? Try feeling like a Billion Bucks. Not only does Jarren Benton‘s latest single find him in $1,000,000,000 worth of high spirits, but the ATL fave’s brought two equally pricey collaborators along for the ride—that’s a cool three bil in good mood dollars! Kato of A-Town beat crew SMKA takes a characteristically street-oriented tack behind the boards, overlaying an 808 beat with ominous synth-strings as the freestyle series alum reveals his secret to maintaining a sunny disposition: not giving a billion—or presumably any—f**ks. Slumerican signee Rittz shares some observations on his various social circles (“This sh*t true: my black friends always rob my white friends. / My white friends get drunk and start fightin’ each other, and when they’re bloody, they be like ‘Oh, we tight, man.’”) in a hyperkinetic middle 16, and Flint repper Jon Connor busts out a few hi-octane flows of his own as he talks up his work ethic and his determination to succeed on the back. Feeling it? More top-dollar jams await on Freebasin’ With Kevin Bacon (the follow-up to last year’s Booth-reviewed Huffing Glue With Hasslehoff) when it hits the ‘net June 26.
Written by richard on 06/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.