Everyone today is so concerned with Lanes. Every rapper has to have one, and god forbid they switch from one to another or else they will be seen as fake. Well, I have a lane for you: how about dope hip-hop? I’ll let Jarred AG‘s latest cut (a DJBooth world premiere!) be the first one in it. Making his first Booth appearance of the year, AG sounds hungry. You can tell from his blunted, yet aggressive flow that he has been itching to rock the mic, and rock it he does; each bar is delivered with that extra punch that is the hallmark of a starving emcee. Assisting the Chi-Town emcee is Florida’s Yung Simmie, whose staggered, grungy flow fits right in atop the hazy Smoko Ono beat. For more from Jarred, check out his last Booth feature, November’s False Gods.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/25/14
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.