Most hip-hop heads would assume that the artwork for this single, an exclusive world premiere, was an homage to MF Doom, but others might see it and think of a Barbarian. The truth is, both DOOM and Conan would appreciate Jarred A.G.‘s debut DJBooth feature. Featuring shrouded synths and an impressive drum beat, producer C-Sick‘s boardwork would bring a tear to Doom’s eye. Atop the track, Jarred, armed with a fluid, yet assertive flow, battles like a Barbarian with Save Money’s Dally Auston by his side. The winner? Booth readers, because both Windy City up-and-comers bring their “A” game on this supremely fresh cut. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked to our pages for the latest from both collaborators.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass the Flame" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.