Most hip-hop heads would assume that the artwork for this single, an exclusive world premiere, was an homage to MF Doom, but others might see it and think of a Barbarian. The truth is, both DOOM and Conan would appreciate Jarred A.G.‘s debut DJBooth feature. Featuring shrouded synths and an impressive drum beat, producer C-Sick‘s boardwork would bring a tear to Doom’s eye. Atop the track, Jarred, armed with a fluid, yet assertive flow, battles like a Barbarian with Save Money’s Dally Auston by his side. The winner? Booth readers, because both Windy City up-and-comers bring their “A” game on this supremely fresh cut. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, keep their browsers locked to our pages for the latest from both collaborators.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass the Flame" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.