Sometimes a forbidden love is the strongest. And for whatever unconventional reason, Los Angeles native Jarell Perry is in the clutches of the sweetest one. The indie R&B/Pop singer’s new promo single, Taboo, is an affirmation to his girl that even though she may be too good for him, she gives him the peace of mind that he needs in the middle of a figurative storm. Jarell’s delicate vocals lay over frequent collaborator HSVN‘s hazy production that washes over like electric rain, creating the perfect make-up song should you ever make your girlfriend mad. Some chocolates wouldn’t hurt, either. Taboo is a stand alone release, but if the song has caught your ear we recommend Jarell’s White EP, which is available now on iTunes.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.