Sometimes a forbidden love is the strongest. And for whatever unconventional reason, Los Angeles native Jarell Perry is in the clutches of the sweetest one. The indie R&B/Pop singer’s new promo single, Taboo, is an affirmation to his girl that even though she may be too good for him, she gives him the peace of mind that he needs in the middle of a figurative storm. Jarell’s delicate vocals lay over frequent collaborator HSVN‘s hazy production that washes over like electric rain, creating the perfect make-up song should you ever make your girlfriend mad. Some chocolates wouldn’t hurt, either. Taboo is a stand alone release, but if the song has caught your ear we recommend Jarell’s White EP, which is available now on iTunes.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.