Sometimes a forbidden love is the strongest. And for whatever unconventional reason, Los Angeles native Jarell Perry is in the clutches of the sweetest one. The indie R&B/Pop singer’s new promo single, Taboo, is an affirmation to his girl that even though she may be too good for him, she gives him the peace of mind that he needs in the middle of a figurative storm. Jarell’s delicate vocals lay over frequent collaborator HSVN‘s hazy production that washes over like electric rain, creating the perfect make-up song should you ever make your girlfriend mad. Some chocolates wouldn’t hurt, either. Taboo is a stand alone release, but if the song has caught your ear we recommend Jarell’s White EP, which is available now on iTunes.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.