Sometimes a forbidden love is the strongest. And for whatever unconventional reason, Los Angeles native Jarell Perry is in the clutches of the sweetest one. The indie R&B/Pop singer’s new promo single, Taboo, is an affirmation to his girl that even though she may be too good for him, she gives him the peace of mind that he needs in the middle of a figurative storm. Jarell’s delicate vocals lay over frequent collaborator HSVN‘s hazy production that washes over like electric rain, creating the perfect make-up song should you ever make your girlfriend mad. Some chocolates wouldn’t hurt, either. Taboo is a stand alone release, but if the song has caught your ear we recommend Jarell’s White EP, which is available now on iTunes.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)