Why settle for 10 out of 10, when you can go all the way to Eleven? Like Nigel’s amp from This Is Spinal Tap, Golden State R&B buzzmaker Jarell Perry has the ability to bring it up one crucial notch higher than the competition—a feat which he demonstrates on his latest EP single. Though turnt up to the max, this cut has an appealingly chill vibe, thanks to HSVN‘s downtempo electronic grooves as well as Perry’s eminently smooth vocals. On the back, Cool Kids alumnus Chuck Inglish grabs the mic to deliver an equally laid-back, yet engaging guest 16. Eleven is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Jarell’s White EP, scheduled to drop digitally December 10. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out Don’t Run From Me, the artist’s recent collaboration with indie emcee Locksmith.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.