Why settle for 10 out of 10, when you can go all the way to Eleven? Like Nigel’s amp from This Is Spinal Tap, Golden State R&B buzzmaker Jarell Perry has the ability to bring it up one crucial notch higher than the competition—a feat which he demonstrates on his latest EP single. Though turnt up to the max, this cut has an appealingly chill vibe, thanks to HSVN‘s downtempo electronic grooves as well as Perry’s eminently smooth vocals. On the back, Cool Kids alumnus Chuck Inglish grabs the mic to deliver an equally laid-back, yet engaging guest 16. Eleven is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Jarell’s White EP, scheduled to drop digitally December 10. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out Don’t Run From Me, the artist’s recent collaboration with indie emcee Locksmith.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.