Starting in mid-November, Cali buzzmakers Jarell Perry and Locksmith will be linking up to play a series of shows in L.A., New York and San Francisco. While Boothgoers have had plenty of opportunities to witness their phenomenal collaborative chemistry (see Much More and Broken, among others), listeners still not sold on seeing them live just might find themselves convinced after giving the newly-released Don’t Run From Me a listen. On this atmospheric promo single, HSVN‘s intricately-layered synths and subtly driving percussion back Lock as he spits about the fickle, unpredictable beast that is the music industry. Perry ties the record together with an ethereal, reverb-drenched hook. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, if you happen to live in one of the cities mentioned above, you can click here to cop tickets to the twosome’s upcoming performances.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)