Starting in mid-November, Cali buzzmakers Jarell Perry and Locksmith will be linking up to play a series of shows in L.A., New York and San Francisco. While Boothgoers have had plenty of opportunities to witness their phenomenal collaborative chemistry (see Much More and Broken, among others), listeners still not sold on seeing them live just might find themselves convinced after giving the newly-released Don’t Run From Me a listen. On this atmospheric promo single, HSVN‘s intricately-layered synths and subtly driving percussion back Lock as he spits about the fickle, unpredictable beast that is the music industry. Perry ties the record together with an ethereal, reverb-drenched hook. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set but, if you happen to live in one of the cities mentioned above, you can click here to cop tickets to the twosome’s upcoming performances.
Written by richard on 10/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.