Fresh off earning reader acclaim for This Is Spinal Tap-inspired lead single Eleven, Jarrell Perry returns to The DJBooth with another fresh single off his next digital release. This slow-burning ballad finds the Golden State R&B buzzmaker caught in a classic conflict between his rational faculties and his feelings for a new woman. Over HSVN‘s dreamy, reverb-drenched synth harmonies, Perry soulfully expresses his ambivalence, crooning, “The heart knows what to do, but maybe I’m Brain Dead.” Whatever effect it’s having on Perry’s mental acuity, being in love certainly hasn’t hurt his songwriting chops, nor has it impaired his vocal abilities. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for further singles leading up to the release of the artist’s currently-unscheduled White EP.
Update: We have added the Stephen Garnett-directed visuals for Jarell Perry’s Braindead single.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.