Fresh off earning reader acclaim for This Is Spinal Tap-inspired lead single Eleven, Jarrell Perry returns to The DJBooth with another fresh single off his next digital release. This slow-burning ballad finds the Golden State R&B buzzmaker caught in a classic conflict between his rational faculties and his feelings for a new woman. Over HSVN‘s dreamy, reverb-drenched synth harmonies, Perry soulfully expresses his ambivalence, crooning, “The heart knows what to do, but maybe I’m Brain Dead.” Whatever effect it’s having on Perry’s mental acuity, being in love certainly hasn’t hurt his songwriting chops, nor has it impaired his vocal abilities. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for further singles leading up to the release of the artist’s currently-unscheduled White EP.
Update: We have added the Stephen Garnett-directed visuals for Jarell Perry’s Braindead single.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.