In recent years, countless artists have attempted to bridge the gap between hip-hop and rock, more often than not with disastrous results (I could name names, but… nah.); Booth fave Jared Evan, however, just seems to have that golden touch – having successfully channeled ‘60s garage-rock on debut single In Love With You and Radiohead-esque emotional melodrama on mixtape inclusion Falling Down, the musical Miracle-worker does it yet again with this newly-leaked cut. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, the freestyle alum‘s latest offering is closer to a traditional “rap-rock” joint than either of the aforementioned cuts but, crucially, it’s rap-rock done right. Over producer ill Factor‘s fuzzed-out guitar-breakbeat backdrop, the up-and-comer lets his braggadocious side shine, touting his damn-near miraculous skills in larger-than-life-verses before pulling out all the stops for a climactic sung chorus. Think Evan’s speaking the truth when he claims, “I could school the world”? Then keep it locked for release details on Back and Fourth, the official prelude to 2011 debut album Fourth Chapter.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.