In recent years, countless artists have attempted to bridge the gap between hip-hop and rock, more often than not with disastrous results (I could name names, but… nah.); Booth fave Jared Evan, however, just seems to have that golden touch – having successfully channeled ‘60s garage-rock on debut single In Love With You and Radiohead-esque emotional melodrama on mixtape inclusion Falling Down, the musical Miracle-worker does it yet again with this newly-leaked cut. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, the freestyle alum‘s latest offering is closer to a traditional “rap-rock” joint than either of the aforementioned cuts but, crucially, it’s rap-rock done right. Over producer ill Factor‘s fuzzed-out guitar-breakbeat backdrop, the up-and-comer lets his braggadocious side shine, touting his damn-near miraculous skills in larger-than-life-verses before pulling out all the stops for a climactic sung chorus. Think Evan’s speaking the truth when he claims, “I could school the world”? Then keep it locked for release details on Back and Fourth, the official prelude to 2011 debut album Fourth Chapter.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.