In recent years, countless artists have attempted to bridge the gap between hip-hop and rock, more often than not with disastrous results (I could name names, but… nah.); Booth fave Jared Evan, however, just seems to have that golden touch – having successfully channeled ‘60s garage-rock on debut single In Love With You and Radiohead-esque emotional melodrama on mixtape inclusion Falling Down, the musical Miracle-worker does it yet again with this newly-leaked cut. Premiered earlier today on RefinedHype, the freestyle alum‘s latest offering is closer to a traditional “rap-rock” joint than either of the aforementioned cuts but, crucially, it’s rap-rock done right. Over producer ill Factor‘s fuzzed-out guitar-breakbeat backdrop, the up-and-comer lets his braggadocious side shine, touting his damn-near miraculous skills in larger-than-life-verses before pulling out all the stops for a climactic sung chorus. Think Evan’s speaking the truth when he claims, “I could school the world”? Then keep it locked for release details on Back and Fourth, the official prelude to 2011 debut album Fourth Chapter.
Written by richard on 12/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)