One of the best parts of my job, besides rocking a giant diamond encrusted DJBooth chain, is putting on new talent that may not be in the mainstream’s ears (yet), but definitely deserves to be heard. In that spirit I’d like to introduce Jared Evan, a New York based artist making his debut on our pages with his new track What I Want. Musically you can learn everything you need to know about Jared from the track itself: he produces the bulk of his own work, including What I Want’s tightly crafted style, he’s a man of many talents, playing live instruments on his songs in addition to singing and rhyme work, and, most importantly, his music sounds damn good; as I’m sure the Booth will agree. Evan is signed to Zone 4/Interscope and will be releasing his Polow Da Don affiliated mixtape Radio In My Head on October, 15. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)