One of the best parts of my job, besides rocking a giant diamond encrusted DJBooth chain, is putting on new talent that may not be in the mainstream’s ears (yet), but definitely deserves to be heard. In that spirit I’d like to introduce Jared Evan, a New York based artist making his debut on our pages with his new track What I Want. Musically you can learn everything you need to know about Jared from the track itself: he produces the bulk of his own work, including What I Want’s tightly crafted style, he’s a man of many talents, playing live instruments on his songs in addition to singing and rhyme work, and, most importantly, his music sounds damn good; as I’m sure the Booth will agree. Evan is signed to Zone 4/Interscope and will be releasing his Polow Da Don affiliated mixtape Radio In My Head on October, 15. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.