One of the best parts of my job, besides rocking a giant diamond encrusted DJBooth chain, is putting on new talent that may not be in the mainstream’s ears (yet), but definitely deserves to be heard. In that spirit I’d like to introduce Jared Evan, a New York based artist making his debut on our pages with his new track What I Want. Musically you can learn everything you need to know about Jared from the track itself: he produces the bulk of his own work, including What I Want’s tightly crafted style, he’s a man of many talents, playing live instruments on his songs in addition to singing and rhyme work, and, most importantly, his music sounds damn good; as I’m sure the Booth will agree. Evan is signed to Zone 4/Interscope and will be releasing his Polow Da Don affiliated mixtape Radio In My Head on October, 15. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!