One of the best parts of my job, besides rocking a giant diamond encrusted DJBooth chain, is putting on new talent that may not be in the mainstream’s ears (yet), but definitely deserves to be heard. In that spirit I’d like to introduce Jared Evan, a New York based artist making his debut on our pages with his new track What I Want. Musically you can learn everything you need to know about Jared from the track itself: he produces the bulk of his own work, including What I Want’s tightly crafted style, he’s a man of many talents, playing live instruments on his songs in addition to singing and rhyme work, and, most importantly, his music sounds damn good; as I’m sure the Booth will agree. Evan is signed to Zone 4/Interscope and will be releasing his Polow Da Don affiliated mixtape Radio In My Head on October, 15. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.