Jared Evan‘s musical output may give the impression that the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter/emcee’s in a constant state of emotional turmoil, but beneath the ambivalence and occasional melodrama lies an artist powerful enough to take on any challenge. As proof, I present the freestyle series alumnus’ latest mixtape leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), which sees him doing Atlas one better: not only is he willing to bear the Weight of the World on his shoulders, but he’s determined to carry it to a higher place – not to mention, he’s going to sing while doing it. Two gifted sidekicks lend a hand on the verses; ATL representatives Stat Quo and Roscoe Dash jump on board to lace ill Factor‘s synth-drenched boardwork with, respectively, epic imagery (“High stakes, it’s a war in the lion’s den…”) and hyperkinetically-flowed motivational rhymes (“The purpose of the world is to rope us in, the only defense to that is to overstand.). Like what you’re hearing? This soaring joint and much more can be found on Evan’s Booth-sponsored Back and Fourth street album, set to hit our mixtape page in late February.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.