Jared Evan‘s musical output may give the impression that the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter/emcee’s in a constant state of emotional turmoil, but beneath the ambivalence and occasional melodrama lies an artist powerful enough to take on any challenge. As proof, I present the freestyle series alumnus’ latest mixtape leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), which sees him doing Atlas one better: not only is he willing to bear the Weight of the World on his shoulders, but he’s determined to carry it to a higher place – not to mention, he’s going to sing while doing it. Two gifted sidekicks lend a hand on the verses; ATL representatives Stat Quo and Roscoe Dash jump on board to lace ill Factor‘s synth-drenched boardwork with, respectively, epic imagery (“High stakes, it’s a war in the lion’s den…”) and hyperkinetically-flowed motivational rhymes (“The purpose of the world is to rope us in, the only defense to that is to overstand.). Like what you’re hearing? This soaring joint and much more can be found on Evan’s Booth-sponsored Back and Fourth street album, set to hit our mixtape page in late February.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.