Jared Evan‘s musical output may give the impression that the reader-acclaimed singer/songwriter/emcee’s in a constant state of emotional turmoil, but beneath the ambivalence and occasional melodrama lies an artist powerful enough to take on any challenge. As proof, I present the freestyle series alumnus’ latest mixtape leak (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!), which sees him doing Atlas one better: not only is he willing to bear the Weight of the World on his shoulders, but he’s determined to carry it to a higher place – not to mention, he’s going to sing while doing it. Two gifted sidekicks lend a hand on the verses; ATL representatives Stat Quo and Roscoe Dash jump on board to lace ill Factor‘s synth-drenched boardwork with, respectively, epic imagery (“High stakes, it’s a war in the lion’s den…”) and hyperkinetically-flowed motivational rhymes (“The purpose of the world is to rope us in, the only defense to that is to overstand.). Like what you’re hearing? This soaring joint and much more can be found on Evan’s Booth-sponsored Back and Fourth street album, set to hit our mixtape page in late February.
Written by richard on 02/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.