Looks like Quentin Tarantino ain’t the only one with a thing for Uma Thurman. Coming on the heels of reader-approved lead single Are We Almost There Yet?, the latest song release off Jared Evan‘s forthcoming Statik Selektah collabo finds the house fave expressing his fervent admiration for the Kill Bill starlet. Over his production partner’s head-noddable sampling of The Manhattans’ Follow Your Heart, he raves, “If looks could kill, then she might as well be locked in a cage.” M.O.P. rhymesayer Lil Fame contributes a high-energy, if slightly off-topic guest 16 on the back. Fans in The DJBooth will be treated to a free, exclusive stream of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP on Monday, March 25, in anticipation of its official release on the 26th. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for more fresh song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 02/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.