Looks like Quentin Tarantino ain’t the only one with a thing for Uma Thurman. Coming on the heels of reader-approved lead single Are We Almost There Yet?, the latest song release off Jared Evan‘s forthcoming Statik Selektah collabo finds the house fave expressing his fervent admiration for the Kill Bill starlet. Over his production partner’s head-noddable sampling of The Manhattans’ Follow Your Heart, he raves, “If looks could kill, then she might as well be locked in a cage.” M.O.P. rhymesayer Lil Fame contributes a high-energy, if slightly off-topic guest 16 on the back. Fans in The DJBooth will be treated to a free, exclusive stream of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP on Monday, March 25, in anticipation of its official release on the 26th. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for more fresh song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 02/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.