Looks like Quentin Tarantino ain’t the only one with a thing for Uma Thurman. Coming on the heels of reader-approved lead single Are We Almost There Yet?, the latest song release off Jared Evan‘s forthcoming Statik Selektah collabo finds the house fave expressing his fervent admiration for the Kill Bill starlet. Over his production partner’s head-noddable sampling of The Manhattans’ Follow Your Heart, he raves, “If looks could kill, then she might as well be locked in a cage.” M.O.P. rhymesayer Lil Fame contributes a high-energy, if slightly off-topic guest 16 on the back. Fans in The DJBooth will be treated to a free, exclusive stream of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP on Monday, March 25, in anticipation of its official release on the 26th. In the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for more fresh song releases off the project.
Written by richard on 02/24/13
What’s in a name? That which we call a genre, by any other name would sound as dope. True, labels do have their place. Generally speaking it’s good to know if I’m listening to ATL trap or Mongolian folk music before I...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.