Lately, it seems that Booth fave Jared Evan‘s been neck-deep in femmes fatales. On the last single off his collaborative set with Statik Selektah, the unsigned singer, songwriter, producer and emcee had fallen in lust with a girl he knew full well was Bad News. On the follow-up, The Devil Wears Prada, we find him in… well, pretty much the same situation, except that this time it’s the woman’s sartorial, not sexual prowess that has him wrapped around her finger. Statik backs Evan’s rueful, sung and rapped verses with a masterful flip of Mary Wells’ I Want You Around, and Robbie Barclay‘s official visuals (NSFW due to anatomically-correct mannequins) round out the package. Does this soulful selection leave you craving more? Then click here to cop the record, along with the rest of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, via iTunes. The original version of the set is still available for streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
What’s in a name? That which we call a genre, by any other name would sound as dope. True, labels do have their place. Generally speaking it’s good to know if I’m listening to ATL trap or Mongolian folk music before I...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.