Lately, it seems that Booth fave Jared Evan‘s been neck-deep in femmes fatales. On the last single off his collaborative set with Statik Selektah, the unsigned singer, songwriter, producer and emcee had fallen in lust with a girl he knew full well was Bad News. On the follow-up, The Devil Wears Prada, we find him in… well, pretty much the same situation, except that this time it’s the woman’s sartorial, not sexual prowess that has him wrapped around her finger. Statik backs Evan’s rueful, sung and rapped verses with a masterful flip of Mary Wells’ I Want You Around, and Robbie Barclay‘s official visuals (NSFW due to anatomically-correct mannequins) round out the package. Does this soulful selection leave you craving more? Then click here to cop the record, along with the rest of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, via iTunes. The original version of the set is still available for streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.