Lately, it seems that Booth fave Jared Evan‘s been neck-deep in femmes fatales. On the last single off his collaborative set with Statik Selektah, the unsigned singer, songwriter, producer and emcee had fallen in lust with a girl he knew full well was Bad News. On the follow-up, The Devil Wears Prada, we find him in… well, pretty much the same situation, except that this time it’s the woman’s sartorial, not sexual prowess that has him wrapped around her finger. Statik backs Evan’s rueful, sung and rapped verses with a masterful flip of Mary Wells’ I Want You Around, and Robbie Barclay‘s official visuals (NSFW due to anatomically-correct mannequins) round out the package. Does this soulful selection leave you craving more? Then click here to cop the record, along with the rest of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, via iTunes. The original version of the set is still available for streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
What’s in a name? That which we call a genre, by any other name would sound as dope. True, labels do have their place. Generally speaking it’s good to know if I’m listening to ATL trap or Mongolian folk music before I...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.