Lately, it seems that Booth fave Jared Evan‘s been neck-deep in femmes fatales. On the last single off his collaborative set with Statik Selektah, the unsigned singer, songwriter, producer and emcee had fallen in lust with a girl he knew full well was Bad News. On the follow-up, The Devil Wears Prada, we find him in… well, pretty much the same situation, except that this time it’s the woman’s sartorial, not sexual prowess that has him wrapped around her finger. Statik backs Evan’s rueful, sung and rapped verses with a masterful flip of Mary Wells’ I Want You Around, and Robbie Barclay‘s official visuals (NSFW due to anatomically-correct mannequins) round out the package. Does this soulful selection leave you craving more? Then click here to cop the record, along with the rest of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, via iTunes. The original version of the set is still available for streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.