Lately, it seems that Booth fave Jared Evan‘s been neck-deep in femmes fatales. On the last single off his collaborative set with Statik Selektah, the unsigned singer, songwriter, producer and emcee had fallen in lust with a girl he knew full well was Bad News. On the follow-up, The Devil Wears Prada, we find him in… well, pretty much the same situation, except that this time it’s the woman’s sartorial, not sexual prowess that has him wrapped around her finger. Statik backs Evan’s rueful, sung and rapped verses with a masterful flip of Mary Wells’ I Want You Around, and Robbie Barclay‘s official visuals (NSFW due to anatomically-correct mannequins) round out the package. Does this soulful selection leave you craving more? Then click here to cop the record, along with the rest of Evan and Statik’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, via iTunes. The original version of the set is still available for streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 05/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.