As his fans in the Booth already know, Jared Evan is just as skilled at reimagining other artists’ songs as he is at penning original material. (If you weren’t aware, drop whatever you’re doing and take a listen to 2011’s unCOVERED LP, which found him covering cuts by everyone from The Beatles to the Wu-Tang Clan.) Today, the NYC rapper, producer, songwriter and singer proves that yet again by putting his own spin on Team, single number two off Lorde‘s blockbuster debut EP. Whereas the New Zealand pop songstress’s original was on the minimal side, Evan’s self-produced rendition feels more lush and fleshed-out. Though his vocals are ear-pleasing as always, his most inspired addition to the record is the saxophone riff that punctuates the chorus. The original version of Team was never featured in the Booth, but fans can check out the Five Knives remix, premiered on our pages in November. Jared Evan is preparing to head out on tour with Philly hip-hop duo Moosh & Twist. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.