Jared Evan may no longer be part of the Universal/Republic family, but the multi-talented Booth fave left a few unreleased records in the vaults when he parted ways with Interscope/Zone 4. In anticipation of the release of their forthcoming compilation album, the label has liberated one such unreleased loosie. Fans who miss the artist’s more hip hop-oriented material will be pleased to see Jared Evan-the-emcee take center stage on State I’m In. A compulsively head-noddable ill Factor instrumental bangs in the back as the Empire State native rhymes about a certain woman’s intoxicating effects on his mindstate. In addition to never-before-heard work from Jared Evan, The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 will boast fresh cuts from Cris Cab, Aer, Mod Sun, Radical Something, Yonas, T. Mills, Sammy Adams and more.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Jared Evan’s Robbie Barclay-directed State I’m In visual.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.