Jared Evan‘s latest project, Pieces, finds the multitalented Brooklynite reflecting on the course of his career to date—from his obscure beginnings, to his stint as a major-label signee, to his current independent status. While his journey’s been anything but a smooth ride to the top, Evan has myriad reasons to be Proud when he reflects on his accomplishments. On a new single, he summarizes his trajectory in a few poignant lines: “Growin up I remember when I used to be alone in the world I was livin’ in. / Now I’m on the road, a different city every day, and the whole world’s listening.” Frequent collaborator !llmind provides a pensive, piano-led backdrop for his verses, and another loyal colleague, Rik Cordero, directs the accompanying visuals. In addition to being available for free streaming/download in the Booth, Jared Evan’s Pieces EP can now be purchased via iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.